Google
 

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Step-By-Step

To Get Rid Of Spylocked or Iesmin.exe

Yesterday, my laptop has been infected by Spylocked spyware. I believe that it is due to my brother has installed a fake anti-spyware.

Windows keeps giving me a warning that I have spyware and that i should get rid of it.Spylock kept coming up, and even though I've uninstalled it, the icon keeps flashing in system tray...

If you open the Task Manager, you will see iesmn.exe, iesmin.exe, imsmain, imsmn in the process. That's the spyware. Iesmin.exe is actually Trojan-Downloader.Zlob.Media-Codec.

After searching some info about the virus, I am able to remove the spyware. So, what you have to do to get rid of this spyware?

First, kill the process of those I've stated above one by one in the Task Manager.

Then run Hijack This or Startup Manager to remove iesmin.exe and the gang from Windows startup.

Final step, after making sure that iesmin.exe and the gang are not running in the process( open Task Manager and look at the process whether they still running or not ), go to

C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Access\ and find iesbpl.dll and delete that file.

DONE !!! Now you will be able to remove the spyware manually.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting blog and lovely presentation thanks for sharing your views. please keep this...


we24support@1 888 399 9656
we24support-webeden
we24support-google

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Your Ad Here